It has been too long since I was able to write this blog entry. As those were the months that the Lord was working on my life. He is teaching me a wonderful lesson about love and maturity. Trust me when I say, it was very challenging. But nonetheless, it was worth the journey.
Firstly, let us discuss about how the Lord taught me where I am in the aspect of love.
I know for a fact that I am mature enough in my decision especially in terms of knowing what is good and what is bad in terms of love. Also, I have set my priorities first that I faithfully abide. To cite some I have planned to graduate on time and to find a decent job. Two of which I have accomplished so far.
However, the Lord tested me with the firmness of decision. As what he has said in His word in Jeremiah 17:10:
“I the LORD search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.”
The Lord exactly tested my will through laying down on my path a guy who’s almost my ideal guy. He is very intellectual, aggressive, creative, insightful, logical, rational, principled, dominant, poetic, and many more that made me like him in a special way I haven’t felt with anyone. There seems to be that chemistry between us that the two of us felt back then. It was a very wonderful feeling.
Nevertheless, this made me STOP, THINK, and PRAY HARD to the Lord. I know that the Lord allowed me to met this guy for a reason and I prayed that the Lord allowed me to learn from this experience the things He wanted me to learn. Now I am sharing it with you.
- PRAY. I pray as well for the Lord’s wisdom in dealing with that events in my life together with him.
- READ THE BIBLE. I know back then that I would make mistakes along the way, that’s why in advance, I sought for the Lord’s words more than ever.
- SOAK. Having a quiet time allowed me to reflect on the actions that I have done and the words that I have said.
- ASK COUNSEL. Asking counsel was one of the handy means whenever someone in similar situation as mine especially from those people who have experienced it already. You know you can trust their words because they’ve been there and they would never wanted you to suffer the same ordeal as they did. They served as counselors for you to make a wise and effective decisions in your life.
- LISTEN. It always pays to listen because it will prevent you from putting yourself deeper into the mud and it prevents you from getting hurt due to immature decisions.
- SURRENDER. I pray to the Lord to use me as an instrument of His workings for our lives. I sought for His guidance every time and willingly surrendered him, myself, and the time we have with each other. My journey was NEVER ALONE.
- ACCEPT. During that time, I have accepted my situation and only asked for the Lord’s deliverance. For I strongly believe in the Lord’s power over everything in the world especially in times of difficulty. One great story is in the book of Daniel.
For those months that I have been I could only ask:
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts.” (Psalm 139:23)
Of course, I am also afraid but faith overcomes my fear. Every time I am afraid, I just remember how the Lord calms the turbulent sea. I always hold onto His promises. His words are ever binding.